Nov 1, 2016

Chunky Sausage, Artichoke, and Kale Soup




I purposely waited until last Thursday to buy Halloween candy, but since then, we've been sampling fairly often to make sure it's okay. So, I thought a good, veggie forward soup would be great for the day after Halloween. Ironically, I'm typing this recipe while eating Halloween candy.


Chunky Sausage, Artichoke, and Kale Soup

Ingredients:
Hot italian sausage - 1 lb
Artichokes - 2 cans, quartered
Onion - 1 large
Carrots - 5
Celery - 5 stalks
Red Pepper - 1
Parsley - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 4 cloves
Petite Diced Tomatoes - 28 oz
chicken bone broth (I used Pacific foods) - 32 oz.
vegetable broth - 2 cups
Lacinato Kale - one bag 
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Cook and break apart italian sausage in a soup pot. Once cooked, scoop meat out into a bowl. Sear canned artichokes in grease. Remove and put in the same bowl with the meat. Put chopped onion, carrots, and celery in the soup pot and cook for about 7 minutes. Add chopped red pepper and cook for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped parsley and minced garlic. Cook a few more minutes. Add tomatoes. Season again with salt and pepper. Stir. Pour in broths. Let simmer for about 25 minutes. Add kale. Let that cook for a couple minutes. 

2 comments:

Aunt Marcie said...

Sounds yummy!! Anthony and I would probably be the only ones to even try this!! We're the only adventurous ones! :)

Unknown said...

Butterfingers are my favorite. Sadly, the trick-or-treaters did not deplete our supply.