This November and December have been particularly rough with kid illnesses. The kids have been home a lot, and I am getting constant opportunities to practice patience (at which I am constantly failing). Although it has been exhausting, we have been able to see Etta's personality really develop. She is definitely my "most" child. I see myself in her when I see how many things she has going on in her head - her to do list is endless! She's very busy, and she expects that everyone will support her in accomplishing her many tasks. Her fiery spirit and determination will serve her well in the future - even if I struggle figuring out how to parent it right now. This past week, Etta was home for a few days. Not only did she need lot of cuddles, but someone needed to take care of her two babies as well. The babies may be more work than a newborn - they often are "thirsty and need drinks," "cold and need blanket," "hungry and need to eat," or "tired and need to sleep." When they going down for naps, they need blankets, a book read to them, a song, and white noise on. They then need to be rocked until they fall asleep (what kind of sleep crutches have I created for my children?!). If you talk out loud, Etta will quite aggressively shush you. She is quite the caretaker, and I hope that this is her way of preparing for real baby towards to end of February.
No comments:
Post a Comment