Dec 16, 2022

To Lenny

 Dear Lenny,

This past week Daddy was out of town for work. I have been amazed at how much you have matured lately, and I pray that I never ask more from you than I should from a 6-year old. You have been incredibly helpful to me as I have struggled being pregnant. You shoveled, you picked up, you read books to your siblings - I am such a blessed Momma, and I don't tell you thank you enough. I love seeing your sensitive and caring side continue to develop. Yesterday, you worked so hard on your snow fort. When you came inside you said, "Momma, when I was out there, I heard the birds singing, and it was really beautiful." I'm so glad you notice and appreciate those things! 

You were not feeling good after your swim lessons last night, and you came down after bedtime shivering. You slept in my bed last night, and I wonder if that is the last time you will sleep in my bed. You probably haven't slept with me for a few years now, so this was such a gift - to get one (possibly) last nighttime snuggle time that I can put in my memory box. Thank you for all you do. I love you beyond measure.

Momma

No comments: