Oct 20, 2016

Harvest Chicken Salad

Last night we had this delicious salad for dinner (recommended by my mom):

We had left over dressing from it, so we had another salad that was also delicious! The nice thing about this salad, was that I could slowly prepare it throughout the day whenever I had some extra time. So, in the morning I got the chicken and sweet potatoes cooking. Then later, after they were cooled, I chopped them up - along with the apple. Then I cooked the rice.


For the dressing:
garlic bulb - roasted
Minced shallot - 1 Tablespoons
fresh lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
Pure maple syrup - 2 teaspoons
Dijon mustard - 2 Tablespoons
Olive oil - 1/2 cup


Combine the squeezed out cloves with shallot, lemon juice, maple syrup, and dijon mustard. While whisking/food processing slowly pour in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Four the salad:

3 chicken breasts - cooked and cubed
craisins - 1/2 cup
apples - 2 chopped
pumpkin seeds - 1/2 cup toasted
wild rice - 1 cup uncooked - but you should then cook it
sweet potatoes - 2; cubed and roasted at 425 with coconut oil and cinnamon
Avocado
Spinach - 3 large handfuls

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. I'll be trying this VERY soon!!