Oct 2, 2016

Lenny's Personality


When I was pregnant with Lenny, people would often tell me they were able to tell the personality of their babies in utero. I definitely was not able to tell what Lenny would be like, but I thought maybe in retrospect I would. Although I still do not think this is the case, we are having a wonderful time getting to know our sweet boy. It seems like every week he grows into himself more and more, and we get to know him better and better. Today we discussed how we would describe his personality thus far.



We often describe Lenny as very laid back (he must get this from his dada). Part of the reason Lenny seems so laid back though, is because he seems very high on Openness to Experience (from the Big 5). He loves trying new things and being in new environments. For example, he loved bath time from the very beginning. He never minded showers either. We recently started introducing solid foods, and there hasn't been any food that he does not seem to like. He loves social activity, and is completely content to just sit and watch people if we go out for coffee or food.


Lenny is also quite a ham. Several people have commented to us about how expressive Lenny is. He loves when we sing to him, and that is usually a sure-fire way to calm him down if he is upset.   During the beginning of his life, when we were struggling with his sleep (which we still are), our doctor told us that if there is any conditioning going on we should make sure we were the ones conditioning him and not vice versa. We thought this was brilliant advice... however, we have not always followed it successfully. Here is a video showcasing our failure and Lenny's success in conditioning us:





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am excited to come and sing to him, squeeze him and love him up! I can't wait to watch him explore the wonders of food.