Oct 6, 2016

Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash

Autumn smells are some of the best smells out there... probably second only to the smell of a Christmas tree. The smell from the meal we had tonight was even better than my Autumn scented candle. The squash roasting with coconut oil and cinnamon - it's just like this warm fuzzy blanket under which your soul is cuddling. Also, I don't know why I ever cut acorn squashes laterally when a horizontal cut is so much prettier.  


Ingredients:

Acorn squash - 3
Coconut Oil
Cinnamon
Olive Oil
Onion
Celery - one head
Italian Sausage
Apples - 2
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 450. Half and seed the acorn squash. Rub with coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Roast for 30 minutes. While roasting, heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan. Sautée onions and celery and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage and brown it. Add apples. Cover for a minute or two and turn off heat. Fill the squash with the meat mixture and roast an additional 15 minutes - until apples are soft. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's almost as though I can smell it now. It sounds delicious and looks delightful! I'm going to buy acorn squash at the Farmer's Market and give it a try.

GG said...

Maybe this would convince someone (ahem.... a certain husband) that winter squash is yummy.

Unknown said...

Bought some acorn squash this morning!