Anyway, tonight we had fish tacos for dinner... mainly because we wanted to see how Lenny would do with fish. He loved it! He loved it as much as he loves chicken... but not as much as he loves blueberries. I also loved this meal because I really like fruit salsas (like peach or pineapple salsa), and Tim does not; however, when we have fish tacos, Tim likes it with a fruit salsa. I definitely could have had another taco, but we fed Lenny first, and he ate way more of the fish than we thought he would! I think he especially liked the fruity lime juice on it!
Fish Ingredients:
3 fillets of cod
1/4 c. olive oil
4 limes
3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
Fish for fish tacos directions:
In a gallon sized plastic bag pour in olive oil, zest and juice of 2 limes, diced garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Mix together. Put in cod and rub all over. Let sit in fridge at least 3 hours. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 425. Place cod on a parchment lined baking sheet, and cook until done (about 12 minutes). Put the cod in a glass bowl and squeeze remaining 2 limes over the fish. Break apart.
Tangy slaw Ingredients:
Some type of veggies for slaw (either a store bought bag or combination of cut up veggies like cabbage, broccoli, carrots, brussels sprouts, etc.) We used a broccoli slaw mixture from the store.
1/2 cup cut up cilantro
2 cloves of diced garlic
1/8 cup olive oil
1/8 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
juice of 2 limes
Slaw Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Fish taco Directions:
Use corn tortillas and assemble your taco with the fish for fish tacos, tangy slaw, avocado, and a fruit salsa (we used peach salsa)
1 comment:
Yum! I'm going to be making this soon!
Post a Comment